Mondays just aren't working out for me in terms of updating. I'm usually knee deep in lesson-planning-mode Sunday evening and Monday. So, I'm going to start updating on Fridays. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to stick to my new writing schedule!
- This weekend my dad got married. it was a beautiful wedding, and tons of fun to party with my family. And I got to see my boyfriend in a suit, which is always awesome.
- Speaking of the boyfriend, we celebrated two years on the 15th! I'm very happy, and excited for what the next year might bring. I love you babe!
- I'm doing boot camp now! I love krav maga, but I want to get stronger. And I can already see and feel changes, so that's super motivating. I love kettlebells! I currently do most movements with a 20 lb bell, but yesterday started doing cleans and presses with a 12 kg bell, which is roughly 26 lbs. I love measurable progress! (Soon I'll write an entry all about my love affair with strength training.)
- In what I'd call, "an opportunity that I don't want to pass up but it might make my life even more busy than it already is," I'm becoming certified through Precision Nutrition. The INL program I did in August let me know that I'm on the right path - and the business aspect if the program was incredibly helpful! But now I want something more formal. I'll be tested on my nutritional knowledge as well as my coaching know-how, so for the next four months, at least, I'll be reading and studying. I'm sure what I learn will inspire many blog entries!
I haven't been doing that much formal cooking lately - that's what I call using a recipe or trying to create a recipe. I've just been throwing stuff together. But for the few times the last two weeks that I've formally cooked, I made:
- Taco-meat flavored pulled pork, which I repurposed to make "stuffed" sweet potatoes (recipe coming soon)
- Paleo sushi. Most recipes use cauliflower rice, but this one didn't. I now feel cauliflower rice is a necessity to get the mouth-feel correct.
- I attempted to make a "hamburger helper" type of meal using ground beef, eggplant, spaghetti squash, and a dairy-free Alfredo sauce using cauliflower as a base. The sauce needs some tweaking, but overall I was pretty pleased with the first attempt.
- And lastly, this weekend I'll be making no-bake brownies for my boyfriend's brother's birthday. (Awesome accidental alliteration! I'm a nerd.)
Now, I need sleep. Check back here Friday for a new recipe!